Daily Bullets 💊: Ruh Roh - Market Moving Down and Do Kwon Speaks
💊 M6 Daily Bullets 💊 Wednesday, August 17th
Ruh roh. The Crypto markets aren’t looking too hot today. After giving a stab at $25k over the weekend, Bitcoin is falling back towards the low $23’s. ETH, which has been holding up better and leading, has begun inching back towards the low $1800s after rejecting from the $2000 level. In other news, Do Kwon finally gives first public interview, the IRS is coming for you, eyes are still on the upcoming merge, dogechain degenery continues and people still can’t talking about Sudoswap. Still plenty of development going on behind the scenes.
⛓ Crypto News:
- Do Kwon, the disgraced co-founder of the Terra blockchain, first public interview since his UST blew up.
- SEC files suit against Dragonchain over $16.5M 2017 ICO
- IRS takes out John Doe summons on crypto prime dealer SFOX to find tax cheat customers - same tactic to gain information from Circle, Coinbase and Kraken in recent years
- Celsius CEO Alex Mashinsky had personally taken charge of the firm’s trading strategy in the months before it filed for bankruptcy
- Google invested the most amount of capital into the blockchain industry compared to any other public company, investing $1.5B between Sep. 2021 and Jun. 2022
- Dutch Authority allege arrested Tornado Cash developer suspected of involvement in financial crimes
- Coinbase and other crypto exchanges are pausing Ethereum and ERC-20 withdrawals and deposits during the merge
- ETHW Core to temporarily freeze certain LP contracts after the hardfork to protect users’ ETHW tokens until the protocols’ controllers or communities find a better way. Users push back about decentralization
- Icetea Labs, Polygon and Alpha Venture DAO announce inaugural Web3 Accelerator Program for SEA region
- Genesis CEO is stepping down as the company slashes 20% of its 260-person workforce following major losses tied to the collapse of Three Arrows Capital
- Second Layoff Round at Crypto.com Worse than June Cuts according to leaks
- CoinGecko introduced new Tokenomics tab
- Houston Texans becomes first NFL team to sell game suite with crypto
- LunarCrush launched its new API that collects and organizes social media data on more than 4,000 crypto assets, over 300 NFT collections, and several exchanges, influencers, and LunarCrush user opinions
- Oasis Protocol Q3 & Q4 2022 Roadmap Released With Sapphire the Jewel in the Crown
- Lido Finance partners with KyberSwap Elastic to enhance liquidity on Polygon with over $120,000 in liquidity mining rewards
- Testnet release for phase 1 of sharding NEAR Protocol is out
- Singapore NTU, Algorand to roll out center for blockchain research as part of Algorand Foundation‘s $50M initiative to develop and advance blockchain tech globally
- Launch of Nostra - built on StarkNet, a Layer 2 Validity-Rollup that enables any dApp to achieve unlimited scale
- Stader Labs - $NEARx has been exploited
- Squads V3, a new multisig standard for teams and individuals looking to securely manage their on-chain assets
- Gnosis main merge testnet, merged successfully
- Nansen Smart Money Holdings Token Inflow and Outflows: Tracking what the whales are up to...
- Inflow: MATIC ($4.5M), DAI ($1.8M), USDI (795k), HXRO ($728k), MYC ($654k)
- Outflow: USDC ($58M), WETH ($7M), WBTC ($3M), TCR ($521k), BUSD ($154k)
- Nansen NFT Hot Contracts:
- BAYC: 578 ETH
- We Are All the SA: 502 ETH
- ENS: 460 ETH
- Doodles: 455 ETH
- Otherdeed: 377 ETH
- Arthur Hayes - ETH-flexive - source
- The On-Chain vs. Off-Chain Dilemma in Blockchain Gaming - source
- Top 100 Public Companies Investing in Blockchain & Crypto Companies - source
- VanEck - Why We’re Bullish on ATOM - source
- Chainalysis - Mid-year Crypto Crime Update: Illicit Activity Falls With Rest of Market, With Some Notable Exceptions - source
- The Bridge Stack (2022) - Snapshot: The Bridging Ecosystem in Q3 2022 - source
- DeFi Protocol Risks: The Paradox of DeFi - source
- Digital Dollars - An Overview of Stablecoins Today & Tomorrow - source
- Move With Sui - source
- Think 10X Bigger | dYdX Enters the Cosmos - source
- Dotsama Deep Dive H1 2022 - source
- How Data will Shape Metaverse? - source
🖼 NFTs/Metaverse News:
- Gordon Ramsay - HellsKitchen is coming to The Sandbox
- Amid an NFT market downturn, a gold Bored Ape sells for $1.5M
🌍 Crypto Twitterverse:
- Web3 investment firm CoinFund launches $300M fund
- Shima Capital has raised $200M for its first venture capital fund to support early-stage Web3 startups
- Snackclub, a DAO focused on building out a blockchain gaming community, is set to close a Series A round at a $100M valuation
- Collective NFT ownership platform Fractional is rebranding to Tessera and has closed a $20M Series A fundraising round led by Paradigm
- StarkNet-based game dev community MatchboxDAO raises $7.5M
Momentum 6 offers research, analysis, and coverage of the fast-paced Crypto space.
The Crypto space never sleeps. Each day is filled with an overwhelming amount of information spread across various sources.
This newsletter offers a Crypto-native perspective and a one-stop shop for everything you need to stay updated on the daily goings on in the Crypto world.
Subscribe to receive our brief daily and extended weekly newsletter along with in-house research content!
Please Share, Leave Feedback, and Follow us on Twitter, Telegram, and LinkedIn to stay connected with us.