All I Want For Christmas is $JEWEL: DeFi Kingdoms Overview
Excerpt from our Momentum 6 Alpha Leaks call with Daniel Geisinger:
Excerpt from our Momentum 6 Alpha Leaks call with Daniel Geisinger:
We are bullish on $JEWEL is popping off:
- Gen 0 characters have an infinite amount of breeds and each following generation has a lower amount of breeds
- On their farm, token pairs are all paired with the $JEWEL token and they have pairs for multiple chains so it’s farmer-friendly
- There’s utility to the $JEWEL token and it’s not just used for trading
- This farm seems to be better than other farms like TraderJoe — more people think of DFK as farming a metaverse token versus a DEX token, so you’re pairing a metaverse token with a blue-chip L1 coin and farming a metaverse coin
DeFi Kingdoms is a blockchain-based game created on Harmony blockchain. The game has an array of features such as being a liquidity pool opportunity, a decentralized exchange, and also as a market of rare utility-driven NFTs. The game comes with smooth background music and a nostalgia-inducing layout with an aim to make decentralized finance accessible and safe to newcomers.
History of DeFi Kingdoms
According to the official website, the team at DeFi Kingdoms has been waiting for a project that would embrace the full potential of DeFi in game form. Investing and getting returns sounds super fun, right? What if we make it feel more like a game?
The team wanted to create a DEX that not only allows investors to hold a token with a monetary value but also a token that is valuable, usable, and rewards the users in many fun ways. The final product is the packaging of DeFi elements into a synergetic and fun game, providing JEWEL token holders with a meaningful and engaging experience.
$JEWEL is more than your average token. You use $JEWEL to buy some of the most useful items and unique NFTs, such as Kingdoms and Heroes in the game. It is also the token that you can use in various in-game buffs such as refreshing stamina and speeding up building time. The token is also used in liquidity mining where users can get rewards through staking. As a governance token, $JEWEL also allows users to have a say in the evolution and growth of the project.
$JEWEL is the lifeblood of this project allowing those who play with an aim of earning to get tradeable tokens with real value. The supply is capped at 500,000,000 tokens.
Heroes that you will find in this game come in many varieties. Stats are there to help you learn about these Heroes to understand which suits you best. However, their capabilities are all governed by the same set of rules. Here are some of the stats to pay attention to:
- Hit Points (HP) — the measure of the health of a certain hero. A hero will need to rest or use potions to recover Hit Points in case of an injury.
- Mana Points (MP) — applied to the usage of skills and cast spells. The hero will not be able to use skills or spells when MP hits zero until they use a portion.
- Stamina — used to perform quests. A hero must rest naturally if stamina is lost. 1 stamina is recovered after every 20 minutes. Alternatively, the player can pay in $JEWELS to increase stamina.
- Strength (STR) — adds a multiplier to various actions such as skills and physical attacks.
- Dexterity (DEX) — this stat plays a minor role in defense and essentially modifies attack damage from certain weapons.
- Agility (AGI) — plays a role in evasion. It also determines the time between the hero’s actions in combat.
Some of the other important stats include Vitality (VIT), Intelligence (INT), Endurance (END), Luck (LCK), and Wisdom (WIS).
Each Hero in this game comes with a rarity level. Rare Heroes are some of the most sought after as each level of rarity will correspond with bonuses to your Hero’s base level. Rarity will come with different indicators that include; Common, Uncommon, Rare, Legendary, and Mythic.
Heroes can level up and increase their stats. Heroes need to have accumulated enough experience from their adventures to level up. The Heroes will then visit the meditation circle and spend $JEWELS and a certain number of Runes based on their level.
Two Heroes will visit the Arch Druid and infuse a summoning crystal with the combined essence. The infused crystals will then be used at the portal in seeking heroes that are in far away lands. Heroes pour their energy into $JEWELs and Gaia’s Tears, which are then fed into a summoning crystal for infusion of a crystal to happen. The summoned Heroes are similar to the Heroes that summon them.
The primary focus of Heroes is to embark on quests, collect experience and useful items. There are two categories of quests; Adventure Quests and Professional Quests.
- Adventure Quests. Players go into a remote location with a team of heroes as they seek to fight evil spirits.
- Professional Quests. These are non-combat and they are designed to help players excel and learn different useful skills in the kingdom.
Resources that are acquired from Professional Quests can be put into various uses. The following are some of the professions in the game.
- Mining (MIN) — a passive activity that you send heroes to accomplish. However, only one Hero can visit the $JEWEL mine at a time. These Heroes burn stamina every 10 minutes of mining. A player will receive rewards after stopping mining action based on the full 10-minute mining periods achieved.
- Gardening (GRD) — another passive activity where you send Heroes. Players seek to improve the Hero’s gardening skills and increase the chances of earning more $JEWEL rewards. Just like in mining, Heroes in Gardening burn stamina at a set rate of 10 minutes.
- Foraging (FOR) — Heroes will clamber over fallen trees as they search for useful forage. You can line up Groups of Heroes for Foraging Quests.
- Fishing (FSH) — this activity rewards those with healthy luck and agile hands. You can line up Groups of Heroes in Fishing Quests.
DeFi Kingdoms runs on Harmony blockchain at the moment. However, the development team wants to expand to other networks and Avalanche is one of them. The DeFi Kingdoms Avalanche expansion, known as Crystalvale, will roll out in Q1 2022.
According to the information we have so far, $CRYSTAL will be the native token that will run on the Avalanche blockchain. The CRYSTAL token will be used in similar ways as $JEWEL. Holders of JEWEL token in the bank as xJEWEL qualify for some airdrops for the CRYSTAL token. However, there are likely to be new heroes on Crystalvale.
Blockchain gaming and Play-to-Earn models have been with us for quite some time now. However, DeFi Kingdoms’ easy approach to DeFi makes it accessible to beginners in blockchain gaming who might be frustrated by high gas fees on competing platforms. The idea of bridging to other chains is also a move that is likely to attract a lot of gamers.